The results expected from the project are:
- Providing sufficient scientific data for the assessment and further development of the surveillance of the conservation status of 20 Annex II & IV fauna species of Cyprus, which, at present is characterized as “unknown” or unfavorable.
- Restoring connectivity and mitigating the impacts of land use change and climate change.
- Improving the conservation status of the 20 selected species in Cyprus in terms of increasing their range area, population size, preferred habitat and future prospect.
- Control the impacts of invasive species on 2 native targeted reptile species.
- Raising awareness amongst site users and the general public for the targeted species. Raising awareness on specific population groups and users and training of conservation staff.